Due to COVID, we have made the decision to run the full 2020-21 MathRocks! series of contests online.
What to expect:
- Contest platform is MyNNVMath.org
- An email will go out 3 days prior to those who are registered with contest taking details
- Number Sense Round – individual round, under 15 minutes (time varies by level)
- (2) 20-minute rounds for level 1; (1) 40-minute round for level 2; (1) 45-minute round for levels 3 & 4
- Team round*
- No calculators
- An adult over the age of 18 is required to proctor the exam and must submit a phone number where they may be reached while proctoring the contest and an email address
- Contest window begins at 9am on 4/10 and closes at noon on 4/11. Rounds may be taken immediately after each other or broken up throughout the time allowed.
Cost: Individual contest registration is $20 with a $5 discount when you register at least 1 week/7 days in advance. You can register for all 7 MathRocks! contest series for only $80 by going HERE!
IF YOUR FAMILY NEEDS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, PLEASE EMAIL SHERRY@NNVMATH.ORG
TEACHERS WISHING TO REGISTER THEIR ENTIRE CLASS – should email Sherry@NNVMath.org
*To participate in the Team round, student must have a working camera and microphone on their computer/device, device MAY be a SmartPhone! Students are NOT required to participate in the Team round to participate in MathRocks! individual rounds. Teams are composed of 3 or 4 students. students are encouraged to organize their team; however, we will organize and connect teams for those who don’t. Teams will schedule a time from the times available. A non-family member will be assigned to proctor the team online both listening and watching the team members as they complete their round.
AWARDS: For grades 8 and below, awards are determined by grade within the contest level (meaning Level 1 contest rounds are taken by those in grade 1 and 2 with awards given to top 1st graders and to top 2nd graders separately). Contest level breakdown is as follows:
- Level 1: Grades 1 & 2
- Level 2: Grades 3-5
- Level 3: Grades 6-8
- Level 4: High School