Welcome to the 7th annual State of Nevada Mathematics Championship! It has grown since its first year to include ALL grades 1 through 12! We are excited to have this year’s Championship hosted by UNR”s Engineering Department in Reno, Nevada.
We enjoy presenting this Nevada contest to our Nevada students. This is NOT an invitational.
ANY and ONLY students in grades 1 – 12 who LIVE in Nevada OR who PHYSICALLY ATTEND a school in Nevada.
Nevada homeschooled students welcome!
- Number Sense – 80 questions, 10 minutes (This is a mental math round. Computational and conversion problems should be expected. No scratch paper allowed.)
- Sprint – 20 questions, 30 minutes (Problems required problem solving skills)
- Focus – 4-5 problems, 10 minutes (Problems that require more work than Sprint problems.)
- Team – 10 questions, 20 minutes (Teams are composed of 3 to 4 students; teammates may work together or independently on the set of problems as the team members prefer. One answer sheet per team is submitted.)
- All rounds are free response.
- No calculators allowed on any round.
Contests rounds start at 10am.on Saturday, April 30th.
Check-in begins at 9:15am.
University of Nevada, Reno. Check-in is at the William N. Pennington Engineering Building (WPEB), 1st floor.
Trophies and medals will be given to top performers in each grade, 1-8, plus top high school performers.
Medals will be given to top scoring teams in each level.
Awards will be presented at the Year End Awards Dinner on May 21st.
Registration is $25 with a discount when you register before 4/1/2022.
Register by 4/20 for a guaranteed spot. Registrations after 4/20 will only be accepted if spots are available.
Registration for all contests are through MyNNVMath.org. If your school is not listed in the school drop down, email Sherry@NNVMath.org with your school name and city/state where it is located.