Welcome to the 8th annual State of Nevada Mathematics Championship sponsored by:
All Nevada students in grades 1-12 are invited to participate in this event.
In-person contest site is being hosted by the College of Engineering at University of Nevada, Reno’s campus. Online option for eligible students (see info below)
We enjoy presenting this Nevada contest to our Nevada students. This is NOT an invitational.
ANY and ONLY students in grades 1 – 12 who LIVE in Nevada OR who PHYSICALLY ATTEND a school in Nevada.
Nevada homeschooled students welcome!
- Number Sense – 80 questions, 10 minutes (This is a mental math round. Computational and conversion problems should be expected. No scratch paper allowed.)
- Sprint – 20 questions, 30 minutes (Problems required problem solving skills)
- Focus – 5 problems, 10 minutes (Problems that require more work than Sprint problems.)
- Team – 10 questions, 20 minutes (Teams are composed of 3 to 4 students; teammates may work together or independently on the set of problems as the team members prefer. One answer sheet per team is submitted.)
- Explanation – 1 question, 10 – 15 minutes (A difficult problem that requires you to explain your logical process).
- All rounds are free response.
- No calculators allowed on any round.
Contests rounds start at 10am on Saturday, April 29th.
Check-in begins at 9:15am.
Reno-Sparks contest site: University of Nevada, Reno. Specific check-in building at UNR will be announced prior to event.
Students who live more than a 2-hour drive from an in-person contest site may participate online. ALSO, students who are displaying symptoms of illness are not allowed to participate in-person and will be moved to online testing.
Trophies and medals will be given to top performers in each grade, 1-8, plus top high school performers.
Medals will be given to top scoring teams in each level.
Awards will be presented at the Year End Awards Dinner on May 20th.
Registration is $25 with a discount when you register before 4/1/2023.
Registrations close at 11:59pm on Saturday, April 22nd.
Registration for all contests are through MyNNVMath.org. If your school is not listed in the school drop down, email Sherry@NNVMath.org with your school name and city/state where it is located.
Email Sherry@NNVMath.org or Evan@NNVMath.org.