Grades 8 & Below - Single Event registration
Checkin will begin at 10:50. Contest begins at 11:30.
Information regarding contest and format are listed under Documents. Completely waiver needs to be on file for students to participate.
Couple important notes:
• Students will be placed on teams unless we receive team information
• Students can work problems however they would like.
• Students arriving after 11;20 should expect to miss the first round.
• Student should bring pencils and calculators as they are allowed for some rounds. Make sure the batteries are fresh. Calculators that allow students to store formulas are not allowed.
• Snacks and water available for purchase or bring your own. Students should eat lunch BEFORE the contest begins at 11:30.
• This is about learning and finding a joy of math. Before, during, and after math competitions, work to focus your student on having fun, putting forth effort, and ask them to identify 1 or 2 problems that they didn’t solve correctly (or took them longer than they think it should have) that they want to “kick in the butt” the next time they see it. Success in math competitions comes from the experience of being exposed to new problems and figuring out how to tackle similar problems next time.