NOTE: Registration closes on 9/15 - a full 2 months before the first contest in this series.
This is a contest series with cumulative score awards. Created in 1977, Math Olympiads went public in 1979. Nearly 170,000 students from 6,000 teams in all 50 states and about 30 other countries participated in MOEMS. This contest series has 5 monthly contests with detailed solutions. Each contest has 5 problems to be answered in 30 minutes. Participants will receive a detailed copy of the solutions after each contest.
MOEMS’s objectives are:
• To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
• To introduce important Mathematical concepts
• To teach major strategies for problem solving
• To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
• To strengthen Mathematical intuition
• To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
• To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
This is the Elementary (E) level for grades 4-6.
Awards: NNVMath awards for meet winners at the MathRocks! contest following each meet. MOEMS awards the following national recognitions:
The one high scorer of each division (E – elementary and M – middle) receives a trophy.
• Each of the top 50% of all participants in each division receives a handsome embroidered Olympiad patch.
• Each of the top 10% of all participants in each division receives a silver or gold pin.
• Each student who achieves a perfect score of 25 points receives a bronze medallion.
Meet dates are on the following Fridays: November 15, December 13, January 17, and February 21, and March 20.
Elementary (E) meets begin at 5:10 pm.. Please arrive between 4:40 and 4:55pm to check in. .
This registration includes all 5 contests. More information about MOEMS and their contests can be found at https://www.moems.org
Cost $40 for the full series