Entering its 43rd year, the Mathematical Olympiads for Elementary and Middle School (MOEMS) is a 501(c)3 providing opportunities for children to engage in creative problems solving activities while developing a child’s ability to reason, be logical, and be resourceful.
Their goals for MOEMS participants include:
- developing enthusiasm for problem solving and mathematics,
- deepening the understanding of mathematical concepts and strengthen ability to use the concepts,
- consider concepts that they might not otherwise encounter,
- enriching experiences in intellectually stimulating and significant mental activities, and
- building a stronger foundation for assessments and for future mathematics studies.
Click on the item below to go directly to that section on this page:
- In-person only
- 5 problems in 30 minutes
- 5 meets
- No calculators allowed.
- 2 divisions: E (elementary) and M (middle school)
- Free response
- Only students whose school does NOT offer this contest may participate through NNVMath.
- Division E: grades 4-6
- Division M: grades 6-8
- 6th graders may participate in BOTH divisions.
Check in for Division E begins at 1:30 with contest beginning at 2pm; check in for Division M begins at 2:45 with contest beginning at 3pm on the following Saturdays:
- December 4
- January 15
- January 29
- February 19
- March 12
NNVMath Clubhouse located at 1480 Linda Way, Sparks, NV.
Individual Meet Awards: NNVMath will present ribbons to the top performers of each meet at the awards ceremony at the following MathRocks! contest. This gap in time allows us to deal with any scoring issues and ensure results are correct without making participants and parents wait for an unknown amount of time on each contest day.
Accumulative Season Awards: MOEMS provides awards for top series performer and national placers. These awards will be presented at our annual Year End Awards Dinner scheduled for May 21st.
Registration is for the full series – $40
Registration deadline is October 10th.
Registration for all contests are through MyNNVMath.org. If your school is not listed in the school drop down, email Sherry@NNVMath.org with your school name and city/state where it is located.